Forget asking someone “how often do you come here?” or “what do you do?” or even “How’s your day going?”.
Those questions are boring, dull and show a lack of imagination on your part.
Not only will you fail to find out anything interesting, you’ll probably look like someone who doesn’t really care and is just making pointless small talk.
Explore the 60 question below if you really want to get to know someone.
The first questions on the list contain plenty of icebreakers while further down the list, you’ll find some great questions you can ask to really get personal with someone.
Feel free to play around and modify some of this questions, we’re confident these will help you understand what makes them tick.
The First 20 Questions are Mild and Easy Ice Breakers:
1) What’s the best thing you’ve ever found?
2) If you could travel back to any point in time for one day, what era or date would you go to?
3) What’s your greatest personal achievement?
4) Everybody can do at least one party trick, so what’s yours?
5) If you had to give a presentation with no preparation time, what would be your chosen subject?
6) Name a popular sport or activity that you just don’t understand why is so popular.
7) Name a food that you loved as a child but can’t stand now.
8) Which subject do you wish you knew more about?
9) What’s your worst habit that you’d like to unlearn?
10) What’s the luckiest thing you’ve ever experienced?
11) What’s the riskiest thing you’ve ever done?
12) Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?
13) Name one thing in the past that you will never do again.
14) Name the most defining event from your past.
15) What’s your worst addiction?
16) Name a cartoon character that best defines you.
17) If you had to change your name what would you alter it to?
18) If you born the opposite sex, what name would you like to be given?
19) Name one thing you just cannot get right, no matter how hard you try.
20) If you had $10,000 but had to give it to charity, which charity would you donate to and why?
Getting a Little More Personal:
21) If you could get all of your friends, work colleagues and relatives to try one thing with you, what would it be?
22) Name one thing you’re very self-conscious about.
23) What will be your new year’s resolution?
24) What is your most irrational fear?
25) Name one thing that you’re sure is true, but you have no proof of?
26) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
27) What’s the last great adventure you went on?
28) What’s the greatest gift you have ever given?
29) Can you name three fascinating facts about yourself?
30) What’s the worst job you ever had?
31) If you go back to a younger you and give yourself one piece of advice what would it be?
32) Name something you’re interested in but are ashamed to admit.
33) What mistake do you keep making over and over again?
34) What’s the weirdest thing about you?
35) What is your greatest achievement to date?
36) Name one world leader that you aspire to be like?
37) What is your favourite smell?
38) Name three things you would like to accomplish before you die and why.
39) If you could listen to only one song for the next 7 days, which one would you choose?
40) What activities/sport/exercises do you absolutely hate doing?
Hot Questions To Help You Really Get to Know Someone:
41) Which part of your body do you like the most?
42) If you could choose anyone on the planet to be your roommate for the next 12 months, who would you choose?
43) If you were immortal for one day, what would you do?
44) If you were reincarnated as an animal, which one would you like it to be?
45) What do you think is the most fascinating decade of the last 100 years and why?
46) What is the worst gift you have ever received?
47) Name something new you learned last week.
48) What was the last thing that made you nervous?
49) What’s the best thing about getting older?
50) What is worse, extreme socialism or extreme capitalism?
51) If you had to live the same day over and over again for an entire week, which day from your past would you choose?
52) What bridges in life do you regret not burning?
53) If your ex-partners could describe you, what do you think they would say?
54) What do you most look down on people for?
55) If you could give the current chapter of your life a name, what would it be?
56) What is the most interesting thing you’ve experienced in the last 12 months?
57) If you could create one new law, what would it be?
58) What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
59) If you could live in any city for one year, which one would you choose?
60) If all the jobs in the world had the same salary and hours, which one would you choose to do?